Image © Anna Atkins
This week, we’re stepping outside our Cabinet of Remedies and travelling back in time to the mid 19th century. Anna Atkins (1799-1871) was a truly heroinic pioneer in the world of photography.
This week, for #flashfictionfriday, we’re inviting you to create a piece of flash fiction based on one of Anna’s cyanotypes. And if Anna’s work inspires you, feel free to submit a response to our poetry open call, for the chance to see your work in our KCAW exhibition.
How to Participate
Create a piece of flash fiction using our featured image as the prompt.
- Maximum 100 words, excluding the title
- One challenge: You must use the words ‘blue’, ‘harmony’ and ‘prestige’ in your piece.
- You are welcome to share up to five pieces
- Submit as an attachment to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Optional) include your social media handles and/or link to your website
- Deadline – 18:00 (BST) Friday 28th August 2020
- A selection will be published on our website over the next few weeks
- By entering your work, you agree that it can be published on our website and used to promote our initiatives.
- You will be credited as the author of the work on our website.
- You retain the copyright over your work at all times.