Mara and Julião, London, May 2020 © Dana Popa
We’re building a virtual Cabinet of Remedies and we’re offering you the opportunity to share your writing with our community. Through your work, you can help shape this important archive for the future.
Since the start of the pandemic, we’ve found much solace in Alain de Botton and John Armstrong’s book, Art as Therapy. They talk about how art can connect us to our inner worlds and unique needs, identifying a number of psychological frailties to which art can be an antidote. Within this framework, we are asking artists to respond to the current situation. We are using this artwork as the foundation of a dialogue between visual art and the written word.
How to Participate
Create a piece of flash fiction using Dana’s image as the prompt.
- Maximum 100 words, excluding the title
- One challenge: You must use not use the word “bread”.
- You are welcome to share up to five pieces
- Submit as an attachment to an email to email@example.com
- (Optional) include your social media handles and/or link to your website
- Deadline – 18:00 (BST) Thursday 13th August 2020
- A selection will be published on our website over the next few weeks
Mara and Julião with home made loaf during the strict lockdown imposed as a consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic in the UK.
- By entering your work, you agree that it can be published on our website and used to promote the Cabinet of Remedies initiative.
- You will be credited as the author of the work on our website.
- You retain the copyright over your work at all times.